Attention is a cognitive process that allows us to focus mental activity on certain stimuli, while neglecting others that affect our senses at all times. It is an ability that permeates all aspects of a person’s daily functioning. Central place in previous research within the Laboratory of Experimental Psychology had inattentional blindness and its role in perception. It is a phenomenon of not registering a clearly highlighted event due to the performance of a certain task that engages attention. Some of the main findings we have reached are that there are certain factors that affect perception in inattention condition. Those factors are stimulus type, the sensory modality to which the stimulus belongs, location and duration of stimulus presentation.
- Borojević, S. (2019). The Role of Visual Attention in Localization and Identification Processes in Visual Perception. Empirical studies in psychology, Proceedings of the XXV scientific conference, pp. 108-110, Beograd, Republika Srbija.
- Gojković, S., Ećim, I., Pećanac, A., & Borojević, S. (2018). Efekat dužine izlaganja stimulusa na “sljepilo usljed nepažnje”. Banjalučki novembarski susreti, 215-223.
- Borojević, S. (2018). Sljepilo usljed nepažnje. Banja Luka, RS: Filozofski fakultet.
- Borojević, S., & Gvozdenović, V. (2018). Inattentional blindness and perception of illusory contours. Godišnjak za psihologiju, 15, 25-40
- Borojević, S. (2018). Visual Attention and Detection of Auditory Stimuli. Empirical studies in psychology, Proceedings of the XXIV scientific conference, pp. 82-84, Beograd, Republika Srbija.
- Borojević, S. (2017). Efekat asimetrije vizuelnog polja na „sljepilo usljed nepažnje“. Radovi, 26, 13-23.